The Pre-McNair Academy provides academic counseling and research development mentoring to early career undergraduate students at Wayne State University. Participants in the Academy recieve tailored mentoring over the course of an academic year to apply and enter the Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program. Participants learn about the fundamentals of pursuing a doctoral degree, network with prospective faculty mentors, and become part of a community of emerging scholars. Pre-McNair activities are currently on hiatus until Fall 2021. Please check back for updates.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States of America
- Freshman - sophomore status
- Considered low-income and a first generation college student and/or a member of an underrepresented group in higher education, per federal regulations. To view regulatory eligibility policies click here.
- Interested in earning a Ph.D. in a field of study
- There is no GPA requirement for application into the Academy