Eligibility for Services
Students who wish to participate in the program must be enrolled in one of the targeted high schools (Cass Technical, César Chávez, Harper Woods, Detroit Collegiate Preparatory High School at Northwestern, Martin Luther King, Jr., Renaissance, University Preparatory Academy, University Prep Science & Math, Western International) and currently enrolled in the ninth grade, complete an enrollment form and commit to MI GEAR UP pledge guidelines.
As a MI GEAR UP student, I pledge to:
- Graduate from a Michigan high school.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade pointn average through out school.
- Maintain a public school attendance rate of 95% or better.
- Take required courses during high school.
- 4 years of English; 4 years of math; 2 years of science; and 3 years of history/socialscience.
- Take the Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test (PSAT) no later than 10th grade, and Take the SAT or ACT in the 11th and 12th grades.
- Apply for admissions and student financial aid to a Michigan (preferably) college.
- Consent to provide data needed for evaluating the success of the MI GEAR UP.