What is the Educational Opportunity Center?
The TRiO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) provides free academic, vocational, career and financial aid information to eligible participants who are interested in entering college, vocational, or technical schools. TRiO EOC also provides services for those who want to complete their high school diploma or GED certificate requirements.
The TRiO Educational Opportunity Center is a community-based program with support from secondary, postsecondary, community and government agencies. The project services 1,620 adults annually from our campus office and various community site offices in the target area.
TRiO EOC provides the following services:
- Academic advice and assistance in course selection
- Assistance in completing college admission and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance examinations
- Guidance on re-entering high school, or entering a GED program
- Personal counseling and referrals
- Career assessment, exploration, counseling and workshops
- Opportunities to participate in a computer course on the main campus
- Campus tours and special activities